Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Ever Reverse Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Ever Reverse Sear

2" thick marbled ribeyes. I was nervous but thought what better way to really have a tender steak. 2 zone setup on a gasser and hickory chips. Cast iron chicken fryer was sear surface on the hot side. OMG what a lucky turnout. Wife raved it was the best steak she has ever had "better than any restaurant.... and quite honestly it was shockingly good. Not sure I can ever surpass that steak. You all taught me well.

Love reverse shear. I do all my tri tip that way. Always get raves.

Comment

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      Never cooked a tri tip or did a reverse sear until I joined the Pit. Now I've got several tri tips under my belt and have never cooked them any other way than reverse sear. It's just so good, I don't want to try anything else.

Congrats! It's always nice when your spouse loves what you cook.

Comment

Nice! Certainly cannot beat a reverse sear on a thick cut.

Comment

Yep. Been there with the stuff I learned from these guys. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Ain't discovery grand?

Comment

Reverse sear is king. Get some Grill Grates and you'll be all set.
              I have mine on one side of my gas grill for two zone cooking. I installed them upside so you get a flat surface. Surface temp gets over 700 degrees.
              Great crust on steak.

Comment

Great cooking!!!! Love the reverse sear. Learned it from this site but do it on my Weber Kettle. Put the Slow in Sear in to set it up and the rest is history. My wife refuses to go to a stake house.

Comment

Glad it turned out well for you. My favorite technique as well.

Comment

Congrats! I’ve done it three times on the Weber Performer and it comes out perfect.

Comment

I use both grills for this, and quite honestly it's probably the thing I am best at.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here