Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Chuck Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Chuck Roast

Been doin' this a while, but today was my first chuck roast cook.

Had a 3# nicely marbled Angus chuck roast from Costco here, and wanted to do something other than pot roast with it. SWMBO didn't think smoking it was such a good idea, but I invoked the "Trust Meathead" clause and proceeded.

It dry-brined for two days days uncovered, and a third day covered with plastic wrap (rain yesterday, it IS Seattle).

Went on the Weber and SnS today about 1PM with a BBBR coating, and some Alder chips. The SnS combo was great as always, and held temps rock solid the whole cook. Hit a stall at 172F that lasted a bit long, but finally pushed through. I pulled it at 178F as we were getting tired of waiting and the rest of dinner was ready, and rain was threatening again. Did I mention we're near Seattle?

SWMBO declared the sliced result one of the best things I've ever cooked, which is always good for the ego. It was indeed moist and tasty. A total success. I'm instructed to go find some more chuck roasts, and maybe cook two at a time. OK by me!

Sorry, no pics

Sounds like you did well sir.

Comment

Great! I love doing a Chuckie!

Comment

Sounds like a great success, congrats!

Comment

Chuckie, Chuckie, ……! Congrats, we love them here sliced and pulled.

Comment

Great job, Chucks are becoming my most favorite smoke. The little critters sure can take a while to cook all the way through though. Costco seems to have the best selection for these in my area.

Comment

I did a chuck roast just on my gas grill a few weeks ago. It cooked a little bit uneven, but for the most part, came out great! Will have to try smoking one next.

Comment

That is a great cut of meat if cooked low and slow. Nicely done.

Comment

Has become my favorite cut. Good job!

Comment

It's hard to beat a good chucky.

Comment

I lov elaking chuck rosats. You can mix them into anything, or just eat them as is!

Comment

One of my favorite things to make with leftover smoked chuck roast is some breakfast hash to go with fried eggs.

Oh so good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here