Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally cooked a brisket I'm happy with!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally cooked a brisket I'm happy with!

This was my 5th or 6th try. They were always... fine. This go around, I got a full packer from Creekstone after Huskee posted about a sale. Separated the point and the flat. I wanted to do burnt ends with the point, which I'd never done before. Used Oakridge Black OPS Brisket Rub, which gave it a nice flavor. Cooked it on my RecTec Stampede. After reading a post from Troutman, I purchased a Smoke Daddy stick burning heat diffuser. Loaded it up with hickory mini-splits and chunks and cooked it at 240. It was fantastic. Really good smoke on it. Wife loved it, I loved it. I had never had burnt ends before, so that's definitely going to happen many times in our future. Couldn't have done it without everyone on this site, so thank you! Looking forward to continue the brisket journey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flat.jpeg
Views:	374
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	842443

Click image for larger version

Name:	burnt ends.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	842444

Great lookin briskey . See you tomorrow night at the meat up

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hoping! 5:30-7:30 is prime feeding-the-kids-and-getting-them-to-bed time, but I'm going to try to sneak away.

Congrats!

Comment

Great job! How do you like the Heavy D? I have the 700 and have been considering it for a while.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Heavy D works well. I get about 2 hours of good smoke from it in my pellet cooker.

• Smoking77
        Smoking77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Agree with Troutman. I was starting to fall out of love with my pellet, but after using this, we've gotten back together.

Congrats! Brisket has a learning curve but once you have it dialed in you can consistently have good results.

Comment

• Smoking77
        Smoking77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Looking forward to hopefully improving. After the cook, I was feeling good (the 3 bourbons helped), so I went ahead and bought a Fireboard.

Brisket looks great, glad the Heavy D worked out for you.

Comment

• Smoking77
        Smoking77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Happy you posted about it. Would never had known it existed.

Nice work! Quality meat is really important.

Comment

That's a good feeling

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats, looks like some right tasty brisky, from where I'm settin.

Comment

Looks great! Glad that addition that Troutman recommended to up the smoke flavor worked out for you. And good to know that Huskee 's heads up on the meat sale was a winner too.

That's a perfect example of why I come to The Pit--to up my Qing game with the help of other posters.

Congrats on that tasty-looking brisket flat and burnt ends.

Kathryn
              Last edited by fzxdoc; May 7, 2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Great looking brisket and burnt ends! Now that you've knocked it out of the park, the trick will be finding another brisket in this crazy meat shortage we are going through, well at least here in Alabama....

Comment

• Smoking77
                  Smoking77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Luckily, I have a SRF brisket in the freezer. After that, who knows...

• Smoking77
                  Smoking77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And thanks!

Nice!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here