Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last brisket in the store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last brisket in the store!

Went by the HEB to get a brisket and they only had one left (choice). Without doing my usual inspection I bought it and hoped for the best. Trimmed it up and injected it. Spg for the rub. Wsm 22" at 275 with Mesquite chunks. Smoked for about 5hrs and with the bark set and Temps at 160 wrapped in foil and put in the oven for 2hrs. Let it rest for about 1 1/2hrs.

Got lucky and it turned out fine. Sliced it up and put it in bags with the au jus to freeze. We have discovered reheating brisket with a sous Vide tastes like you just sliced it. Brisket tacos will be on the menu later this week.
    Attached Files

Wow! Fantastic cook. It is great that you found brisket. I went to two Costcos yesterday looking for brisket and I could not find any at all. I had to go the SRF route and go Wagyu from a local supplier, twice the price, but twice the flavor!

Comment

• Tax Man
      Tax Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Up in St. Cloud local grocery store (Coborn's) has brisket for $2.99/lb. We are going to grind one up for burger as burger is now about $4+ per lb.

Looks great! Was the rest of the meat at HEB depleted, too?
    Last edited by LA Pork Butt; May 3, 2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• cccq
      cccq commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at that time. seemed fine as far as enough meat goes. Just all the briskets were gone except for this one.

Good job!

Comment

Great looking brisket...love that cutting board too!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here