Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Bourguignone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Bourguignone

Ok it wasn’t cooked outside, however, it was still delicious. I was given a 3.5 lb brisket flat. Decided to try Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignone recipe from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and it was spectacular. I’d recommend it to everyone.
    Attached Files

Looks deelicious from where I'm settin, amigo! Nice Job, an thanks fer sharin!

Comment

It's a great recipe and always gives great results. Not to mention a nice way to pass some time.

Comment

My wife started working on mastering bouef bourguignon years ago. She uses Julia’s recipe. And she kills it every time she makes it. But I’m gonna tell Stacy that she needs use brisket next time. Cause dang.

Comment

Really nice presentation in that bowl and I know it was delicious. My daughter in law attempted it for the first time just the other day too using the same recipe and she and her family really enjoyed it.

Comment

Great looking cook. Wonderful!

Comment

It's a great recipe. I also like Ina Garten's recipe for Boeuf Bourginon, maybe a little better than, dare I say it, Julia's.

Kathryn

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                fzxdoc I watched her video and then decided On Julia’s. Because...Julia. Her or Jacques trump everyone!

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                EdF , Ina's gets the nod because it's more robust with more yellow onions, more carrots, more wine, more pearl onions and also cognac. She also does not sieve out the stew for the sauce to remove the fat. Fat is flavor, and it's not like there's a ton of it.

I agree about simmering out the wine. That's a nice tip.

Sweaty Paul , some Beef Bourginon days I give to nod to Julia and make her recipe because she is Julia. I love that woman.

Kathryn
                Last edited by fzxdoc; May 4, 2020, 06:35 AM.

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                fzxdoc I also incorporated Marco Pierre White a bit too. He said make sure there is plenty of garnish so I made sure to have extra lardons of bacon to top it and plenty of pearl onions and mushrooms.

On the FireStick, there is an app called The French Chef with Julia Child - perhaps you know this already. But the very first episode is Boeuf Bourguignon. I watched this at the beginning of shelter in place days, black and white, from 1963. It was a fun watch.

Your dish looks great! I wanted to make this a few weeks back but didn’t have everything I needed. Will have to try again! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll look this up because I didn’t know it was available.

I have that book. I should make this.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d highly recommend it. She calls for chuck roast. I saw Marco Pierre White’s version and he used brisket and I had some available.

It is one of our favorite recipes, made several times a year. For the two of us we have planned overs for two or three days which it only gets better.

Comment

Yup, old guard favorite here as well. Looks like you did yours justice

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here