Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Price of Filet Mignon Is Reportedly At Its Lowest Price In A Decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Price of Filet Mignon Is Reportedly At Its Lowest Price In A Decade

Media outlets are reporting that the price of filet mignon is down to its lowest price in a decade. Has anyone come across any great discounts? I'm ready to load up...

Demand for beef tenderloin and other choice cuts typically eaten at restaurants is down sharply, along with prices.

Haven't seen any sales yet, but I can make some freezer room...

Comment

This week I bought an untrimmed 7 lb beef tenderloin for $10 per lb. CAB (Choice). I trimmed it up today and it looks really good! I bought it at Market District (Giant Eagle) in Indiana.

Comment

Going to the grocery store on Saturday. Will definitely look at section and buy as needed.
        Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Choice Angus brisket is $1.99, and CAB rib eye $11.99 here right now. No prime to be found

Comment

Beef prices are up and availability is down here in north Alabama. Ground chuck at Walmart was up to $5 per pound this week. Sam's Club was pretty much out of meat on Tuesday.

Comment

On the news this morning that with fine eating establishments closed there is an over supply of Filet Mignon out there hence the fire sale pricing (pun intended).

Comment

Man, I've checked multiple places, and beef prices are UP around here for sure.

Comment

20 kilo (44lbs to you neanderthals) of brisket is usd $2.50 kilo (USD $ 1.13 lb) here at the moment .
                  Depends on the exchange rate as we have about 5 exchange rates. (The black market rate is what 99% here use).

Comment

Good evening to all. The price for Brisket (choice) in South Florida is $2.19 per pound.. I haven't seen any Filet Mignon yet. I'll be on the lookout. Thanks.

Comment

I’ve been buying Prime T-Bones at Safeway for $8.99/lb ... that’s crazy low priced .... Got a prime brisket at Costco for $2.99/lb

Comment

High end cuts are hard to find along with pork butts around here in the big box stores. The two butchers I went to today were crazy busy and the prices were still the same as before. Ribeyes were 14.99lb.

Comment

This was the scene at my local Sam’s Club & Costco in the Bay Area on Friday. Sam’s had some choice beef tenderloins but there wasn’t much of anything to choose from at either store.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5B9ABD4D-F8EF-4506-A6A0-3DFD71C140B3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.07 MB ID:	840634Click image for larger version  Name:	344E4B97-0DC6-4D6F-A913-F42AF6C0E520.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.71 MB ID:	840635Click image for larger version  Name:	8CE1F71B-59B5-4919-B4E1-495B8A64B666.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.01 MB ID:	840636
                          Last edited by kenrobin; May 2, 2020, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
                            jfmorris commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That matches my experience Tuesday here. They had a little 90/10 ground beef at one end, 2 butts, and a couple packs of shoulder blade steaks and pork chops. 3-4 packs of chicken thighs. A few things of salmon and lots of frozen shrimp tossed out to take up space in the seafood counter.

I saw online somewhere prime whole trimmed. Peeled and side chain off at 75 bucks. That about 3 to 4 lbs

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here