Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating better than ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesertRaider
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for sharing the method.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Straight-up Truth; we'uns usedta prize even gittin a lil piece of th 'cabbage heart', aka, th core. That's where th goodness lies, an it was better than candy to us younguns...

Leave a comment:

• Blues1
    commented on 's reply
    Truly worth a try. Cheap too.

• Blues1
    replied
    The cabbage will be cooked many times at my house. It really was good. Cut off the end, then hold the knife at a 45 degree angle and cut a plug out of the end. set it aside. Keep making the hole deeper and deeper, until 3/4 way through. I mixed
    Jeff's rub and butter together and stuff in the hole...fill it up. Place the cap back on. Leave foil open and place the cabbage in it. Do not wrap. Cook at 225 for 2-2/12 hrs. Now wrap the foil around the cabbage to steam cook and get it tender. 6-6 1/2 hr total for me.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Smoked cabbage is def a thing lol!

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Seriously. What is all that stuff surrounding that beautiful meat?? 🤔😁

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Cabbage! I never thought of it on the smoker. Not any more. I will try that asap!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Nice cook, the cabbage is intriguing may have to grab one.
    Finally going to be a good weekend up here in the boondocks, have a pork shoulder and a round roast set up for Sat morning.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Cabbage IS a vegetable.

Leave a comment:

• Blues1
    commented on 's reply
    Amen!

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Down with kitchens. Only cook outdoors!

Leave a comment:

• Blues1
    started a topic Eating better than ever!

Eating better than ever!

I love brisket, ribs, pulled pork, the whole lot, and love cooking them, but never realized the versatility of this thing. Seems every night, somebody posts something that makes my mouth water. This is my first london broil and first cabbage.
    Think I'm gonna get fat...er Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1207.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	840057Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	840058Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	840059Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	840060Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1211.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	840061

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here