Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A-traditional smoked brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-traditional smoked brisket

"Atraditional" smoked brisket and corn muffins tonight 😋
    The lumpy stuff on top is Rotel tomatoes and onions: keeps it moist. Thickened drippings + red wine = gravy.
    Attached Files

That looks great!

Comment

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      What he said!

Nice combo.

Comment

I’m drooling.

Comment

Tasty combo. Nice job on the briskie cook.

Kathryn

Comment

Interesting concept on the brisket

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            My nephew in Frisco does the same kinda thing but uses various peppers.
            Jalapeno's, green, red probably more I don't know about.
            Sadly, extremely sadly, I've never been down there when he does one.
            Rotel finally made it up here a few months ago so this is another bucket list item.

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh gosh, smokin fool , now that you can buy RoTel, your chili will never be the same again.

Kathryn

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            @fxzdoc yup, definite improvement.
            Now our Velveeta budget is thru the roof for queso.
            On the other hand our return luggage from Dallas is no longer over weight with 24 cans of Rotel.
            Stay safe.

Does the meat pick up the green chili flavor?

Comment

• DreamOn
            DreamOn commented
            Editing a comment
            Not distinctly no. It’s more a general marinade flavor. I used regular Rotel. They also make a hot version. Out of curiosity next time I’ll try that one 🙂.
            More of the flavor comes through in the gravy made from the drippings...
            Last edited by DreamOn; May 1, 2020, 05:33 AM.

Very interesting.

Comment

So did you smoke the brisket with rub and add the RoTel, onions, spices and wine at the end, or did you smoke the brisket in a pan with all of the gravy stuff added at the beginning--basically just switching to smoker instead of oven cooking?

Kathryn

Comment

• DreamOn
              DreamOn commented
              Editing a comment
              The marinade: carmelize 2 small onions x5 min, add 2 cloves minced garlic, continue x 1 min. Add 1 can Rotel (tomatoes and chilies) , 1 c red wine, 2Tb lemon juice, 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp dry thyme, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Marinate overnight. Strain marinade.Put meat on a rimmed pan, strained veggies on top, smoke x 6 hours. Add pan drippings to saved marinade,cook/ thicken with 1 Tb per cup cornstarch into gravy.
              Last edited by DreamOn; May 1, 2020, 08:06 AM.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a bunch, DreamOn .

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here