Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastrami Probing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastrami Probing Question

Good Afternoon!

I'm trying to be quick here, but I'm doing my first brisket flat/pastrami right now. I'm also using butcher paper for the first time. My question is that I probed it through the paper and it was around 203. So I rushed it inside, drained the juice into a pan and was going to rest it. Decided to probe again and now it is only showing around 175 maybe 180! What gives?! Does the wrap affect the temp that much? I'm using a Thermopop I think is what it is called. May need to upgrade soon. I thought it felt tender but second guessing myself now due to the temp variance. I've got it back on the pit, any one have any thoughts or prayers for your boy!?

First things first...... pour yourself a drink and relax. Put it to rest for an hour in a warm cooler with some towels or a hot water bottle. Then stab it and check for tenderness and let the forum know what's up and someone will chime in..
    Last edited by Ahumadora; April 16, 2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the part about pouring the drink the most

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Step 1 is essential here.

• Ground Chuck
      Ground Chuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, brother! It ended up turning out great! That really is a phenomenal recipe!

Hope you're doing well, Ahumadora!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here