Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket

Mr. Bones started talking about a brisket cook. Got me excited and then I remembered I had a 19.2 lb behemoth in my freezer. Got it out and thawed it starting Tuesday. Dry brined starting Friday morning then on the Yoder at 0100. Rubbed with Black Ops. Ran it until it was 170 then wrapped in foil (it was beautiful warm weather so
    my son and I golfed and had a 1:37 tee time).

Kicked the smoker temp up to 285 after wrapping. Pulled it when it was probe tender at 205 then into the Oven at 160 for 4 hours. Was probably my best brisket. Served it with Mac and Cheese and coleslaw. Then took big chunks to a couple families.

Thanks again to y’all in The Pit for helping me on this brisket odyssey. Think I’m finally beginning to get the hang of it.

Happy Easter.
    Attached Files

Beautiful job

Comment

That’s a beauty .... love the bark at the end!

Comment

That's a thing of beauty....really nice job.

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us...AND other families. Salute!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

That looks great. I was feeling good about my 5lb flat today but that’s nothing compared to what you did with a 19lber. I would have loved to have played golf during our cook. Alas, all of our courses are closed. Hope you hit ‘em straight. Thanks for sharing your cook.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                Sweaty Paul commented
                Editing a comment
                Bet yours was tasty. I played some
                Of the worst golf I’ve played, but, had an awesome time. We all wear gloves, don’t touch the pins, and ride in separate carts and stay at least 6 feet apart (given how badly I was playing I was way far from everyone including the fairway)!

The Mona Lisa of briskets !!!!!

Comment

Just starting to experiment with smoking a brisket. Need some pointers on what type of rub and how long should I plan to smoke it? Also you all prefer flat cut or point? Thanks

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                  Sweaty Paul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The point is my favorite, however, I usually cook a whole packer. I trim the fat off of the point and leave at least a 1/4 inch of fat on flat. I dry brine for 18-24 hours. I inject as noted above. I used Oakridge Black Ops for a rub although I do like a salt and pepper rub too. I cook at 250. If I wrap I never add extra liquid. I now try to only cook prime Packers from Costco as I can’t get good choice briskets where I live in Kansas. Good luck!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here