Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Convert

Now I see why several of my AR bro’s and sisters prefer chuck to brisket - maybe prefer is too strong a term. Liked it just as much. I finally did a successful chuck yesterday and man were we impressed. When I took it out of the freezer I wasn’t even sure what it was, I have no idea how long it was in there. Anyway I brined it overnight, used some of our very own Henrik’s rub, and put them on. I didn’t really pay that much attention to the cook - the wife and I had a little jam session with the stereo and a large quantity of alcohol, but I wrapped with foil at around the 7 hour mark at around 170, and pulled them at 210. Excellent.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0A071FBA-29E8-4E57-A7D6-2B615D84DFFB.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	830652Click image for larger version

Name:	63E8F4D0-3745-4D14-8936-700A26052E79.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	830653

Did my first one yesterday and too am a convert. 'Bout to chow down on it again...
    Looks good!

Comment

I cook chuckies maybe 10 times to one brisket.We like 'em both, but chuckies are just as good and an easier cook.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 !!!!!

Yup, chuckies is easy as hail, and chock fulla all kinda delicious, beefy Goodness...
      Yers are lookin Great, Brother! Fine Job!

Comment

We don't have decent brisket these parts for low and slow, or I just havent found one yet. So chuckies is my choice of beef and they always please.

Comment

I love smoked chuck roast and smoked brisket pretty much equally. I don't really have a preference, but lb. for lb., brisket has become quite a bit cheaper than chuckies in my area, so I have been going with brisket. Chuckies are a whole lot easier to just add to the cook when you have a little space available, though.

Comment

I do love your chronologie of the cook
            out standing

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks

Welcome to the club klflowers . Aren't they great? Happy Quarantine Easter!

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep. I ruined a couple cause I wasn’t patient enough. Music and alcohol did the trick though.

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup. Those 2 are pretty much tied for second in the "cures anything" category after only bacon.

I'd smoke them more but there rarity up here, like brisket makes them hard to find.

Comment

That looks really good. I have tried twice and missed twice. I need to try it again. Maybe third time's a charm

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Get a well marbled one. I think I had a couple that were too lean.

Nice work. I too find that a large quantity of alcohol makes my chucks taste better.

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s the secret I think lol

My go to for chili and pulled beef tacos. I also simply grind up a well marbled chuck for hamburger, haven't found a mix I like better.

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                I have started making my own hamburger too. Much better than the grocery store stuff

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Guess where I learned that secret.

I love a good Chuck, but better than brisket (thumbs the hammer back on his shootin' iron)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here