Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap of Ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap of Ribeye

I have been looking around and not seen much on cap of ribeye cooking, recipes, etc. It seems like I might go for a high heat quick job on my grill (a brand spanking new Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 Propane that I took a leap of faith on), but I don't know if this would be best as a reverse-sear, whether to do anything special with it, etc. I have been cooking steaks for a while, but have never done a cap of ribeye. Being relatively thin, but a good piece of meat is throwing me a curveball a bit. Anyone with ideas on recipes/technique? I can update with how it goes.

-Trunks

"Nah, just some crazy plan for a gas-powered toaster oven."

Treat it just like a ribeye. Since it's thin you'll want to front sear. Might be a good idea to practice on a cheap steak of similar thickness first to get the hang of your new grill. We want pics!

Comment

Thanks Pit Boss!!! I've used the grill a half dozen times in as many days on a variety of steaks, including different thicknesses, as well as chicken, so I've got a pretty good handle on the grill itself, but was unsure of the technique. I may just throw another cheap piece on as a new trial. Is there an issue going too hot on front sear? I have a "Sizzle Zone" ,or whatever marketing name they gave it, side burner that probably gets another 500* on top of my main grill. Not even sure if the cut will fit there yet honestly.

PS good luck on the SnS. I have a buddy I am going to suggest it to. Would have done the $200 back =)

Comment

When it comes to searing.... the hotter the fire the more often you flip. If you're using a dedicated sear zone you'll want to flip every minute until the meat looks seared to your liking... then move it over to the warming area of the grill until you're about 5 degrees under your desired final temp (It's gonna rest up while you're getting it to the table).

Thanks for the well wishes on the SnS. Over the weekend I plan on closing the KickStarter project down and letting our backers know how they can buy the SnS. All the folks that backed the SnS will get the chance to be at the front of the line when the SnS ships.

Comment

I agree. Hot and fast. SPECTACULAR cut

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here