Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Chuck Riblets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Chuck Riblets

Picked these up a couple of weeks ago just out of curiosity. Figure I’ll brine them tonight and hit them with some BBR and let them go on the kettle till they are done. What the hail are they though?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	EDF154FD-A38B-4FD0-913E-C411429FB57F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	829551Click image for larger version  Name:	8CC494A8-0F94-4185-BD7D-0AF077787CDC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	829552
    Last edited by klflowers; April 10, 2020, 11:28 PM.

Looks like back ribs to me, just from a different end of the cow maybe. I'd treat 'em like back ribs.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I figured too. The packaging just threw me off. What’s cool is I bought them not knowing for sure, the pit knowledge gives me courage!!!

I've made those before. Once. Not much meat on them, what with all the shiners. I decided I'd hold out for dino beef ribs like most people here make. Trouble is they're not available in my area. I haven't seen beef plate ribs once in all my local travels.

How did yours turn out? Better than mine did, I'm guessing.

Kathryn

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      They are on right now. I’ll report back later

Guessing you are correct and they come from the chuck end of the steer. Man I love me some back ribs.

Comment

I saw your post on the SUWYC topic, klflowers . From those photos I could see that the riblets you got had way more meat on them than the beef ribs I had purchased did. The ones I got only had meat in between the bones and only a very thin layer on top of any of the bones, most of which were shiners.

Your ribs turned out great--I bet they were delicious. Nice job!

Kathryn

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Kathryn. They were pretty good. They cooked a lot faster than I thought they would, took around 4 hours at 250ish.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here