Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A second stall?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor
    commented on 's reply
    Had a similar thing happen to me last weekend. I kept mine going for over 24 hours. Never got above 195. Would keep going up and down a few degrees.

• bardsleyque
    replied
    probe tender is more important than temp

Leave a comment:

• painter
    replied
    That just happened to me with a butt cook. The temp just wouldn't go north of 195. Still probed easy and was tasty but it was a weird cook.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    I will bump up the temp to push it through if time is a factor.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    On the Weber, yes. On the PBC not often.

Leave a comment:

• clb239
    replied
    I used to get the occasional second stall when cooking butts. That is when I was cooking around 225. Since going to a PBC I am cooking in the 275 - 300 range and I barely get a stall at all. Also, I do not normally wrap butts.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I pull mine at 200 so I don’t usually experience what you are describing, but I have occasionally experienced on between 180 and 200.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Yeah, typically in the 180's.

Leave a comment:

• fttank
    started a topic A second stall?!

A second stall?!

I have begun to notice that when cooking brisket, Butt or short ribs, there appears to be a second stall. It appears quite variable but it shows up very close to when you might expect the cook to be done, but before you hit the "magical 203". The temp will drop by a few degrees. I'm starting to pull off when this occurs with exceptional results. Anyone else experience this?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here