Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless Beef Ribs - Need ideas for cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless Beef Ribs - Need ideas for cooking

Anyone ever done boneless beef ribs. My son got some from where he works. They came in by mistake and his manager sold them to him cheap. I have 4 slabs of them but have never cooked them. Can you smoke them like a standard slab and just adjust the time?

Any other ideas about methods for cooking them? Also these are wagyu. They are frozen and I have yet to thaw any of them.

It really depends on what exactly you have there. Boneless ribs are generally a misnomer, meaning they are generally cut from the chuck and can resemble a rib cut. There are several examples of boneless ribs in the beef channel. Bottom line treat it like you would a chuck roast. Her's a good discussion on the subject;

Having trouble finding beef ribs but do have a line on boneless short ribs. Ive never cooked either. Are they much different in taste? Do you cook them the same? Id like to use the

Comment

Thanks Troutman. I one of them thawing now. Figure I will be able to tell if its truly a boneless slab once its thawed.

Comment

robstock whether boneless slab or "country ribs" .... cook as you would a chuck roast or brisket. or you could cut into short rib size pieces and use this method .....

One of the best ways to cook beef ribs is braising in flavorful liquid. Here's a classic and easy French recipe for beef short ribs Provencal with a smoky twist.

Comment

I usually smoke them at 275f to internal 160f, then put them in an aluminum pan with equal parts of red wine and beef broth to come halfway up the ribs, thyme, shallots, carrots, cover tightly and braise to 200f. Take them out of the pan, cover with foil. Strain and de-fat the braise and use it to make gravy.

Comment

I buy these regularly and do them one of three ways: smoke like a chuckie (as mentioned), thinly slice and marinade for Korean beef (galbi or bulgogi), or cure and smoke for pastrami .

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              ohhhhhh, pastrami .... good one!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here