Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think beef back ribs don’t have much meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Packer Backer
    replied
    Clearly I need to read up on sous vide, because those ribs look amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, generous butcher🤣!

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Yummm!!!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty good beefiness as well!

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    He mentioned in another thread that he cut them off a standing rib roast himself.

• Troutman
    replied
    Where'd you find those fracmeister ?

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Also not as much fat.

• ScottyC13
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks

• fracmeister
    commented on 's reply
    sous vide 36 hours. smoke about 3

• rodkeary
    replied
    I think it was because 3 was enough. We sold out every Sunday and there were a lot of repeat customers who knew they had to get in early if they wanted the "Keg Bones" special. It was back in the ‘80’s and the Keg at that time also included a salad bar with every entree.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Was that because people didn't like them? Or because 3 was plenty? I, personally would have loved them and would have ordered more, most likely. I made a prime rib this year on new year's day. I took the bones off after cooking and saved them. A couple days later I broiled them and sauced them and had them for lunch. Sooooo good!
    Last edited by Dewesq55; March 25, 2020, 04:15 PM.

• rodkeary
    replied
    In a previous life I worked for Keg Restaurants. Very popular in Canada and a few scattered around the U.S.

one of the menu items was prime rib which we cooked in a convection oven. We cooked it bone-on but removed the bones before portioning and serving. We saved up all the bones and on Sunday we had a "all you can eat Keg Bones" special. Price was $8.95. All we did was cut the rack into single bones, pour BBQ sauce on top and bake. I think the portion was 3 bones served over a rice pilaf.

I honestly cannot ever remember anyone asking for more, ever though it was all you can eat.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Oh man!!! Look at those!!!

Nice, I need some of that!!

Leave a comment:

• ScottyC13
    replied
    fracmeister How long was the cook for those?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I love beef back ribs, I kinda prefer them to shorts. They're cheaper, they're usually sitting there because no one else wants to mess with them, and they cook up gloriously!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here