Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think beef back ribs don’t have much meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think beef back ribs don’t have much meat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8E48985-8F3E-4BC5-9A72-EB6D1CCAC540.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	820274 Well check these out Click image for larger version

Name:	DB5FFB13-9987-43BC-A921-C8C0317F8CB5.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	820275

OK, to be fair that was a slice right through the meaty parts...

Comment

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, generous butcher🤣!

Beefy goodness right there.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty good beefiness as well!

Amen. Cooking short ribs tomorrow

Comment

I love beef back ribs, I kinda prefer them to shorts. They're cheaper, they're usually sitting there because no one else wants to mess with them, and they cook up gloriously!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Also not as much fat.

fracmeister How long was the cook for those?

Comment

• fracmeister
        fracmeister commented
        Editing a comment
        sous vide 36 hours. smoke about 3

• ScottyC13
        ScottyC13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Oh man!!! Look at those!!!

Nice, I need some of that!!

Comment

In a previous life I worked for Keg Restaurants. Very popular in Canada and a few scattered around the U.S.

one of the menu items was prime rib which we cooked in a convection oven. We cooked it bone-on but removed the bones before portioning and serving. We saved up all the bones and on Sunday we had a "all you can eat Keg Bones" special. Price was $8.95. All we did was cut the rack into single bones, pour BBQ sauce on top and bake. I think the portion was 3 bones served over a rice pilaf.

I honestly cannot ever remember anyone asking for more, ever though it was all you can eat.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Was that because people didn't like them? Or because 3 was plenty? I, personally would have loved them and would have ordered more, most likely. I made a prime rib this year on new year's day. I took the bones off after cooking and saved them. A couple days later I broiled them and sauced them and had them for lunch. Sooooo good!
          Last edited by Dewesq55; March 25, 2020, 04:15 PM.

I think it was because 3 was enough. We sold out every Sunday and there were a lot of repeat customers who knew they had to get in early if they wanted the "Keg Bones" special. It was back in the ‘80’s and the Keg at that time also included a salad bar with every entree.

Comment

Where'd you find those fracmeister ?

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            He mentioned in another thread that he cut them off a standing rib roast himself.

Yummm!!!

Comment

Clearly I need to read up on sous vide, because those ribs look amazing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here