Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Center Cut Beef Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center Cut Beef Ribs

Slim pickins at the store lately. Haven’t done these before but assumed I’d have to go way low and slow....anyone done these before?
    Attached Files

Have done back ribs a few times. Yes, do them low and slow. A rub like BBBR is good, or just S&P, or S,P&G, or anything that suits your fancy.

Comment

Don't be afraid to wrap once you have enough bark to get them dudes tender.

Comment

These are one of my favorites. I use a Yoder pellet smoker at 250F for about 8+ hrs. I don't wrap on the grill at all because they get very tender on their own. I remove not by temperature but by when a toothpick goes in like butter. Usually at 205 or so, but ignore the temperature. I'll then wrap them in butcher paper and hold them in a cooler for about an hour. I'm no expert, and others may have other advice, but this formula based on what I read from Meathead and learned from Harry Soo has worked for me.
        Last edited by BBQPhil; March 24, 2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Great info, thanks so much! Hoping for a nice bark 🙌

Comment

There is a chili coffee coco back rub recipe on the free site. Pretty good. I like to hit with hot sauce as a binder, my brisket rub and salt. Low and slow with oak and mesquite. They are killer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here