Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Tallow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    HouseHomey dang it! Now I gotta go find some papas! I have a few vac sealed bags of fat from the few dry aged ribeyes i’ve made over time. Will have to render this down for more.

I’ve got green chile stew in the freezer as well. My best batch ever too! OMG quarantine is gonna be bad on the belly! Hahaha.

I just wrote down potatoes on the grocery list.....hopefully there are some out there!

• rwhfly
    replied
    I add some herbs, salt etc to the tallow and make a candle with a wick. At dinner put the lit candle on the table and pass it to drizzle on crusty bread. Same for a lard candle.

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    On the list. When I trim out my next brisket I’ll be doing the rendering again.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Gawd yes...
    Try it on your breakfast diced papas with onion, Chile and cotija.

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    I’m looking forward to trying it for sure. Tonight I made my son’s favorite potato dish. Potato Dauphinois.

• barelfly
    replied
    This stuff is great! But for French fries!!! Oh wow! I haven’t thought of frying with it. I usually just use it as the oil source for the sear on steaks. Great stuff here! Let us know how the fries come out!

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    started a topic Beef Tallow

Beef Tallow

Like everyone else in these weird times and the fact our family spring break trip was canceled has given me more time for cooking. I had the opportunity to purchase a couple of prime KC strip loins. I then butchered them into individual steaks (we
    already ate 3). More important, because of this great website I learned how to render that fat into beef tallow which will be used in the future to make some delicious homemade French fries.

Many thanks everyone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sweaty Paul; March 22, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here