Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flanken Cut Beef Ribs, Hot 'N Fast on the Parrilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flanken Cut Beef Ribs, Hot 'N Fast on the Parrilla

Forgive me, pit members, for I have sinned. I cooked on my Parrilla the other day and have not shared photos or anything. Well, here goes (I did upload a YouTube video to my channel though)

I'm a big fan of how meat is grilled in South America, and I wanted to cook beef ribs hot 'n fast. I did that, with flanken cut beef ribs. They are beef ribs, cut across the plate, so the actual ribs are just about an inch long.

I went to my Argentinian butcher and got me a pair of flanken cut ribs. Very little prep, just trimmed some fat off.

I fired up my parrilla, using birch wood, as we have it in abundance. After a while I had plenty of glowing embers so I could start grilling. I grilled them for 15-20 minutes, until I deemed they were ready. I winged it completely, no thermapen or anything, basically I just grilled them like a steak, looking for the same tenderness.

When they were done I salted liberally with flaked sea salt and served them with a chimichurri. I did have a beer or three also, as it was a beautiful day and I was grilling. Love that Parrilla!

Here are some photos. The ribs were super delicious, I'm def. gonna do this again.

Ze wibs

Click image for larger version

Name:	parrilla-1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	818647

Starting the fire

Name:	parrilla-2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	818648

Starting out grillin' and chillin'

Name:	parrilla-3.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	818649

Halfways through the cook

Name:	parrilla-4.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	410.7 KB
ID:	818650

Dig in!

Name:	parrilla-5.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	818651

Man I love that cooker, definite cooker envy here !! I saw your post on IG last night with you firing that thing up, but you left me hanging !! Bet those flankens were good, I too am a huge fan of cooking with live fire.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Isn’t that the main thing we all have in common here? Live fire cooking. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Go to YouTube for the full video, that was just a teaser on IG.

Asado hits Sweden!!! Nice going. Remember cook bone side down first (about 75% of total cook time). Is that Newcastle Brown I see in the pic? We used to have empty boxes of those piled up outside the racecar shop in Orange county years ago.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora Orange County where??

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B The real OC in CA. Was working just off state college and 91 fwy then Harbor and 91. Back in 96-2001 era

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I did cook bone side down first, it felt like the way to go. And yes, Newcastle Brown Ale, one of my favorites. Been living in the UK, am hooked on ale (not so much IPA though)

Those look great Henrik I gotta try these. Like real soon. πŸ‘Š
    I meant the beer of course. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha! Darn good beer :-)

Putting that parrilla to good use I see !!!!!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir!

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	818693

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here