Forgive me, pit members, for I have sinned. I cooked on my Parrilla the other day and have not shared photos or anything. Well, here goes (I did upload a YouTube video to my channel though)

I'm a big fan of how meat is grilled in South America, and I wanted to cook beef ribs hot 'n fast. I did that, with flanken cut beef ribs. They are beef ribs, cut across the plate, so the actual ribs are just about an inch long.

I went to my Argentinian butcher and got me a pair of flanken cut ribs. Very little prep, just trimmed some fat off.

I fired up my parrilla, using birch wood, as we have it in abundance. After a while I had plenty of glowing embers so I could start grilling. I grilled them for 15-20 minutes, until I deemed they were ready. I winged it completely, no thermapen or anything, basically I just grilled them like a steak, looking for the same tenderness.

When they were done I salted liberally with flaked sea salt and served them with a chimichurri. I did have a beer or three also, as it was a beautiful day and I was grilling. Love that Parrilla!

Here are some photos. The ribs were super delicious, I'm def. gonna do this again.

Ze wibs

Click image for larger version

Name:	parrilla-1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	818647

Starting the fire

Click image for larger version

Name:	parrilla-2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	818648