Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less

Frozen since 02/2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Great save, an a Great Story, as always, Brother!
    Be safe, an well!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, if it seemed/smelled off in any fashion, that's th thang to do with it.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

• Bogy
    replied
    Mosca has already made his decision, and he's the one who has to be comfortable with it. I've got stuff in my chest freezer that stays good well past the 6 month point. Butcher wrapped, not even cryovac. I'm with the crowd that says if it looks good, smells good, cook it and eat it. OTOH, my mother in law was notorious for putting stuff in her 125 lb. body that would have killed the average 300 lb linebacker. We were out to visit her in California one year and she had been saving salmon for me to grill when I came out. In the cellophane on Styrofoam packaging from the local Safeway. In her upright freezer. For who knows how long. She brought it all over to my brother in law's, where we were going to do the grilling. Worst case of freezer burn we had ever seen. Dumped it and went and bought some nice salmon filets. Whole filets, instead of the portions she had brought us. Wondered if she would say anything, but she must have figured I learned the trick of putting fish back together in seminary.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Beef should last 3-4 or more years if vacuum sealed and deep frozen. If in a conventional fridge freezer with a defrost cycle I would be careful.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Yup!

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    And that's the story of his life!

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Disclaimer... Bwahahaha story of my life.

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Did you try rinsing it? I would have ate it.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Smart ๐Ÿ‘

• Mosca
    replied
    It was off, I ditched it.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Looks like its in cryovac packaging which would lead me to say its good if its been frozen.
    I've found the same buried in my freezer, if its slimy or stinks ditch it otherwise give it a go.
    Disclaimer: I have been known to be completely wrong on this subject.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    AND eat it!

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I'd cook it.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    If I had to guess it is okay but not up to the original quality.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Meat-Up in Memphis