Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Ribs - Pan or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenrobin
    commented on 's reply
    Those ribs are picture perfect! Nice job!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect! Now you can use your experience to help the next guy/gal who asks about how to cook beef ribs!

• marshall
    replied
    Those look great! Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Beef Ribs 6.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	816578

Ribs turned our great. Very juicy. Took about 7 hours. Most of cook at 225, then bumped to 250 to get out of stall. Up to 275 to finish in time for supper.

Here is a graph of the cook. Really, really impressed with how consistent the B&B briquettes perform and how quickly and accurately they adjust to the Fireboard setting. Since they are readily available at Academy, I don't see myself using KBB again.

Name:	Fireboard - Beef Ribs.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	816579

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Yes!
    Or not!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    My old mom used to do something similar with a Crock Pot. Those were some dang good ribs, just not as good as the smokey kind, imo

• jlazar
    replied
    Currently cooking in the Kettle/SnS without a pan. Just a pan below to catch drippings. Dry brined overnight and then coated with BBBR. Spritzing hourly with beef broth with a TBS Soy and TBS of Worchestershire added. Will post pictures later.

Name:	BeefRibsGraph.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	816400

Here is the fireboard graph. Started with B&B briquettes. Set initial temp to 240 knowing temp would drop when I put the cold meat in. Kettle recovered in less than 20 minutes and ran pretty steady. Then dropped temp to 225. B&B settled right down and is running smooth. Last temp dip is when I opened to spritz for first time.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Brisket on a stick

• Huskee
    replied
    I treat them like little brisket candy bars. Cook exactly as you would a brisket, they're just smaller and much quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I've never cooked them in a pan.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    Don't pan.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I think my point was bone in pot roast is what doing beef ribs in a pan buys you.

• Cheef
    replied
    I threw in the towel on Beef Ribs.
    My wife pressure cooks them in an hour, and crisps them under the broiler.
    Excellent.

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    I may be missing something but bone-in pot roast != beef ribs.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Bone in pot roast?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here