Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Visit to Primal Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Visit to Primal Cuts

I was in Peterborough this week for a follow-up with my vascular surgeon. My appointment was for 11:00 and I assumed it would be some tests on my legs, followed immediately by a consult with the surgeon. Tests were done by 11:20, turns out the appointment with the surgeon wasn't until 1:00, so what to do? Aha! Enough time for a visit with my favourite butcher at Primal Cuts! Picked up an awesome 5.5 lb prime chuck roast which I cut in half, one half as a roast and I cut the other half into 5 nice thick steaks. I also picked up a prime short rib plate. Cut that in half (2 ribs per half). All of it is currently being dry brined and then vacuum sealed until more of the snow around here melts. Can't wait, the marbling on these has me drooling! I'll post pictures of the cooks once they happen. :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckroast1.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	814831Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckroast2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	814836Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckroast3.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	814835Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckroast4.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	814837Click image for larger version

Name:	beefribs1.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	814832Click image for larger version

Name:	beefribs2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	814834Click image for larger version

Name:	beefribs3.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	814833

Wow those are gorgeous! I have yet to find a chuck that looks that good.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee - I know right? Love this butcher shop, just wish it was a little bit closer. Next trip I'm going to pick up some picanha and some tri-tip. They had some wagu tri-tip in the case, but that was a little too dear for me. :-)

Those ribs are spectacular. Can't wait to hear how they tasted.

Comment

Awesome lookin' meat!

Comment

Damn that is some awesome looking meat, good luck with cooking it

Comment

Hmmm, may have to take a spin down the 401 for meat like that.
          Haven't been over to Peterborough in ages.

Comment

Wow, those cuts look amazing! Good to have such a butcher around.

Comment

Drooling as I type this 👍👍👍👍

Comment

I finally got the Primo fired up. Bring them over.
                those look amazing!!!

Comment

Those look crazy good. Nothing like that around here. That's for sure.

Comment

Holy cow!

No...……..I mean it...…...….that's some saintly looking beef!

Comment

I hope the followup with the vascular surgeon went as well as your visit to the butcher shop. You scored major.

Kathryn

Comment

• pkadare
                        pkadare commented
                        Editing a comment
                        fzxdoc Thanks Kathryn, yes, everything with the legs post surgery are great. I have a raisable desk with a treadmill underneath it and I'm doing 15 minutes on the treadmill 6 to 8 times a day. I still get some pain in my left calf, but it is manageable. Before the procedure, walking 15 minutes without resting a few times was a nonstarter. And yes, the meat is pretty awesome. Love this butcher shop!

• fzxdoc
                        fzxdoc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I admire you for taking your doctors' recommendations to heart, pkadare , and following their guidelines. It's not always easy to do.

It will be fun to see photos of how those impressive-looking cuts of meat end up on your plate.

Kathryn

those plate ribs look fantastic!

Comment

Wow, never seen a chuck that looked that good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here