Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatloaf

One of our favorite cooks, meatloaf. Did this one on the PK360 @ 250Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_53c.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	814473Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_537.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	140.5 KB ID:	814472Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_536.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	148.5 KB ID:	814474Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_535.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	814471

2 lbs. ground chuck (80/20)
    1 lb. mild Italian sausage
    1/2 med. red onion, minced
    1/2 green bell pepper
    1 small jalapeño, minced
    4 eggs
    1-1/2 stacks of Ritz crackers
    1/4 cup Parmesan/Reggiano cheese
    1/4 cup Worcestershire
    1/3 cup of your favorite rub ( I use different mixtures, just playing with flavors. This time I mixed 1/2 &1/2 with Boars Night Out White Lightning Double Garlic Butter & Mississippi Grind.)

Mix together with your hands to get a good combination. I then shape it into a thinner rectangle and cook it on a 1/4 sheet pan, so I get smoke on the edges. I used red oak and apple wood this time. You'll get a good amount of fat rendering on the sheet pan. Add your favorite sauce the last 20 minutes of the cook. I used Head Country Original this time. It took about 2 hours and I pulled it at 170 IT.
    Last edited by wrgilb; March 13, 2020, 07:45 AM.

Lookin good!

Comment

Hello, Mr. Smoked Meatloaf. Going my way?

It looks so good. Congrats and thanks for the recipe.

Kathryn

Comment

Looks really good. When I do meatloaf on the grill I use some foil rather than a pan. At some point, when doing a temp check on the meat I poke some holes in the foil to let the grease drip away from the meat. rather than pooling in the pan.

Comment

• wrgilb
          wrgilb commented
          Editing a comment
          When it's done I remove it to a serving or slicing platter. I let the fat solidify over night in the sheet pan and then scrape it off and bag it and into the garbage. For me this is easier and less messy than cleaning the grease from the bottom of the bbq.

• BabelBBQ
          BabelBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I can see that. I do use a griddle pan under the grate to keep things easier to clean up. The fat is just one of those things that I can imagine some of the kids in my family would see and potentially not want to eat the meatloaf despite having eaten it before and liking it (as a kid I was probably the same way). It is a complex game making delicious food and convincing some kids to eat. I have one that will try anything a few that are hesitant and one that enjoys cereal.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here