Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG... SV Tri-tip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG... SV Tri-tip...

So I was cleaning out the freezer the other day and one of the things I came across was a marinated tri-tip that I'd bought a few weeks ago. Actually, it was half a tri-tip. I'm single, so a ~3lb hunk of meat is a lot and I'd sliced this in half and frozen half. Well, it got bagged and went into a 135F SV bath for 6 hours, then shocked and put in the fridge.

Tonight I pulled out the 1.5lb piece, sliced that in half and tossed it in a 250F oven until it came up to about 100F. Then I coated it with Montreal steak seasoning and seared it all over for 30 secs a side.

I'd post pics, but I ate the thing and it was FABULOUS. Amazingly tender, perfectly medium (I go a little more done on tri-tip but I'd do 130F next time) and the marinade had flavored it in the SV bath.

I'll do the other 3/4lb later this week and took pics... but this was just melt in your mouth delicious. Next time I QVS it (Smoke, SV, Sear).

Tis the only way I want to eat tri-tip.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are invited to Chico for smoked.

no pics huh.... You shoulda seen the fish I caught the other day that sommabich was THIS big....

Comment

I've had great success with SV tri-tip - glad you agree. Looking forward to those pics so we can see if it is for real!

Comment

I think you may have answered your own question?

Comment

I see how it is... no pics and now one believes me, eh? FINE! I'll SHOW YOU! I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!! I'll eat this again this week!!!!! Muahahahah...

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe you! The best things are eaten too fast to snap!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            darn, guess you will have to do it again, lol

• rickgregory
            rickgregory commented
            Editing a comment
            texastweeter - the things I put myself through for this forum...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here