Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Ideas

Hello everyone! I’m going to be cooking up a few chuck roast in the coming days for the family. I was wondering if any of you had some recipes to recommend of how we could use that smoked chuck roast in different ways throughout the week. We certainly plan to have some straight up, and we’ve had plenty of smoked chuck roast chili over the winter, so I plan to skip that one. I was thinking maybe a taco bar, and maybe smoked chuck roast mac & cheese. Beyond that I’m drawing a blank, so any recipes or ideas you could suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Pulled beef sandwiches come to mind as do quesadillas

Comment

Tacos would be great. Another thought would be pot pies. And you can sub it in just about anything that calls for ground beef. Lasagna come to mind as does spaghetti sauce. You could also try it in fried rice. I think nachos would be great with smoked beef.

Comment

• jghorton
        jghorton commented
        Editing a comment
        Digging the pot pie idea. Maybe Shepard’s pie since we have quite a few potatoes. Thanks!

I just had shredded beef tacos last night. I dry brined and made a Mexican style rub with Chili powder, pepper, garlic, cumin, chipotle, Mexican Oregano, and Cilantro. I wrap those in foil instead of butcher paper though to soften the bark a bit and usually sprinkle a little more rub on after shredding. Next time I'll probably cook two or a bigger roast and make enchiladas the next night.

Comment

Chuck Burnt Ends

Comment

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          One of my favs

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          WAIT! WHAT? Burnt ends from a chuckie? What is this voodoo you speak of?
          Seriously, I do at least two chuck roast a month, and it never once occurred to me to turn the leftovers into burnt ends.

• jumbo7676
          jumbo7676 commented
          Editing a comment
          When I smoke chucks I'll do two at a time so I can slice or pull one and turn the other whole roast into burnt ends. Depending on how much time I have, will smoke to anywhere between 170-190, cut into cubes, toss in a pan with some sauce, and either let 'em smoke another few hours or toss on a hot grill until nice and sticky. Sometimes will sauce a second time while finishing. Again, it all depends on how much time I have.

Traeger's Machaca. I absolutely love it.

Comment

• jghorton
          jghorton commented
          Editing a comment
          might give that a go as nachos. Yum

I love omelettes with shredded smoked chuck roast and sharp cheddar cheese.

Comment

Also making creamed beef with smoked chuck roast makes the best SOS

Comment

• jghorton
            jghorton commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha! I doubt I could sell the wife (Army vet) on that one. Though she’s always happy with my smoking adventures 🤔😂

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            I ate SOS quite often between first watch and middle watch while I was in the Navy.

25 years later, I still make it at home.

Pizza or Stroganoff

Comment

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmm stroganoff!

I love a good sliced chuckie sammich with peppers and onions

Comment

A lot of things made with ground beef are better when you use pulled chuck roast instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ssandy_561 View Post
              I love omelettes with shredded smoked chuck roast and sharp cheddar cheese.
              I enjoy pulled pork omelets so I'm sure shredded smoke chuck ones would be yummy too.

Comment

I love tossing leftover pulled pork into a big pot of red curry lentils (I mix the rice right into this dish to make one giant pot of goodness). I see no reason why pulled chuck wouldn't be great in there.

Comment

Treat like a brisket but take it to 208° to pull. And throw some of the pulled beef in a hot skillet with chipotle or ancho sauce to make barbacoa like Ernest did the other day

Comment

• Ernest
                    Ernest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh no that's not barbacoa. That's chipotle restaurant fake barbacoa. The real barbacoa is beef cheeks

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ernest, I like dirty barbacoa, ever heard of it?

Large cheese pizza from Papa Murphy's with smoked chucky on it is a huge hit at our house.

Comment

• jghorton
                    jghorton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dang! That is simple and easy. I think that would go over very well.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here