Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating Beef Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating Beef Ribs

I made a 4 bone rack of chuck short ribs yesterday (pix in SUWYC) but Barbara came home violently ill from work and just went to bed. I ate one rib but now have 3 still in one piece to reheat (not sure if tonight or maybe tomorrow.) A google search turned up a recommendation for wrapping in foil with a 1/4 cup of water or broth and putting in a 225-250F oven until an IT of 165. This seems like a several hour proposition, especially coming directly from the fridge. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions, or can tell me that my expectations of several hours at 225-250 are overblown.

Thanks for any suggestions.

If you put them in the oven, in foil with some beef broth at that temp they will reheat much faster. I would add some onions. You can reheat in a crock pot, as well. Any reheating is much faster. On the other hand, if she came down with the same crud that my wife and I have had, don't worry about it. She isn't going to eat for a couple of days. My wife got it first and I went to the Dr. to get Tamiflu as soon as I felt ill. The swab showed that I didn't have the flu - just some mutant cold virus for which Tamiflu will not work. I had two subsequent days of 103 temp, coughing and a headache. On the positive side - I lost 6 pounds and was able to peruse the site with the computer instead of the iPhone because my wife slept 16 hours each day.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, and sorry you were ill. Barbara seems a lot better today, but now she has mostly lost her voice. It's a bad time for today since today is her mother's 85th birthday.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m glad she is better! I’m banned from my folks’ house if I have a bug. One hospital stay with pneumonia was all it took for my mom to tell us all "I’m not doing that again so stay away if you are sick"

That’ll work or in a tightly covered pan. Some broth may fare better. Then use that in some rice or something.

Comment

They will be good just about any way. Wrapped in a damp paper towel and nuked will suffice for a fast reheat.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, that's how I would roll on a reheat. I do it for pork ribs all the time.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris just heated up some pastrami slices same way. Made a killer sammich!

I like sous vide for reheating most types of bbq.

Comment

I just reheated in micro, some shorties in a covered bowl with a little beef broth mixed with some of the collected drippings. Hmmmmm.

Comment

MICROWAVE!

Am I in the minority of people who mostly just use a microwave to reheat things?

Come on.... Lazy People Unite!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            I eat them cold...now that's LAZY! ;-)

Microwave has my vote too! Just don't overdo it, maybe cut the power down to 50% or something if the ribs are really thick, so that it heats up a little slower. I've never done beef ribs, but microwave to reheat pork ribs all the time. Or steak, pulled pork, brisket.... we just fix our plates and nuke them with a paper towel to prevent splatters. Might not be the same as fresh off the pit, but its still plenty good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here