Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Bowl Italian Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Bowl Italian Beef

Click image for larger version

Name:	4390AE35-FB5D-465E-A6C2-919C9E34B73B.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	799477 It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. This was an indoor cook because it was too windy to control grill temps but the recipe is from the AR site. We made Italian beef. Top round roast. Butcher only had 5lb roasts. He offered to cut it but I decided to buy the whole thing. We reserved a piece to slice for rare roast beef (pictured). Used a hand crank meat slicer my wife found for $7 at Godwill.

We studded the roast with with fresh garlic rather than use garlic powder. We also did not use crushed red pepper in the rub.

This is is an easy recipe with great results. The Italian beef with the gravy was great and we don’t need to go to the deli for roast beef this week.

Name:	A84FA775-D5C0-432A-8C3F-31819CFE5C20.jpeg
Views:	341
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	799476

Looks killer, didn't know the Bears made it to the super bowl.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are transplants from Indiana and we are Steelers fans!

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      And thanks! The beef was great.

• JOE E
      JOE E commented
      Editing a comment
      Like STEELERS

That is killer looking meat and I am in awe of the hand cranked meat slicer for $7. I showed the photo to my wife and she guessed you paid $200 for it as an antique because of the hand crank. You really made may day with that and I would love to see the slicer in action.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll post a video next time. It’s a great slicer but it takes some effort.

Yummmmm. Love me some good ol down home style roast beef.
    Nice job brother. 👍👍👊👊

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Ditto on the looks really great.

Comment

Looks perfect!

Comment

I've got almost the same slicer, but I paid $14 for mine at a vintage flea market:

Name:	IMG_4810.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	799549

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
              Reds Fan 5 commented
              Editing a comment
              $14 is a great deal. Do you like it?

• mnavarre
              mnavarre commented
              Editing a comment
              I do like it, but it's a pain to use because the suction cup feet are shot so it moves around when you try and use it. The blade could use sharpening too. If I can find new feet it'll actually be quite useful, but for $14 I can live with "looks cool".

• Reds Fan 5
              Reds Fan 5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the same problem with it slipping. You can see in the pic I cut small pieces of a rug gripper to try to anchor it.

Reds Fan 5 Nice job! Looks absolutely amazing.

I would make this if I had a slicer. Wait...MCS starts to rustle around in my brain...maybe I do need one. Hahaha. Don't need a slicer for one type of cook. Or do I?

Kudos to you and mnavarre for scoring one that works well for less money than I spend on mascara.

Kathryn

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
              Reds Fan 5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! You could use a slicer for Italian beef, roast beef, corned beef, pastrami, roast turkey breast, smoked ham, bacon...am I helping tame your MCS? 😀

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here