Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did my first brisket today. Well kind of..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my first brisket today. Well kind of..

Had a friend ask me if I could smoke a brisket for him . This being said I have never done a brisket and when he showed up he had two pieces said he has the butcher cut them in thirds so they are more manageable. Ok I will roll with it I have been reading every post on AR on brisket and felt pretty comfortable doing it off just the advice from people on this site. Dry brined Thursday night. Rubbed with garlic powder and pepper last night. In the smoker at 6:00 this morning. At 12:30 it was 203 and probe tender .threw in the oven to hold till he picked up at 4:00. He just called and told me it was fabulous! Hands down best brisket he has ever tasted!! Not to bad for a first time. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200202_091537.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	798946Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200202_122410.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	798947Click image for larger version

Name:	5116.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	798948
    Attached Files

Never cooked a brisket before and you hit the ball out of the park with that smoke ring!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      And i cooked it in an electric smoker.. thank you for all your brisket cooks that you post!! Yes I do actually have a notebook of tips and tricks you have posted!!

May all of our first brisket tries be this good!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir.. when you get to learn from a guy that cooks 1000 lbs of brisket at a time Ahumadora and everyone else on this site. It becomes much less daunting. It also helps that I run my smoker for a living. In the first month I have been open I have made 2600 lbs of deer sausage. 200 pounds of pastrami and 500 lbs of ham and bacon..

Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here