Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime NY strip roast on BGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime NY strip roast on BGE

Getting ready to put one on tomorrow----275 until internal temp of 120. Suggestions?

Welcome to The Pit Dan. Personally, I wouldn't go over 250° in order to keep the well done gray band from getting too wide. Others may have different opinions though.

Comment

From Jess Pryles: https://jesspryles.com/recipe/smoked-strip-loin/

Comment

I just did a few of these the last month or so on my PKO. My local shoprite has has them occasionally at a really good price.

Recently, i have been slacking off with reverse sear. Ive just been loading up my PKO with a full chimney getting the steak on as far away from the heat as possible and opening it to check with thermapop every now and again.

I will say the suckers cooked fast. The last time i did it i pulled it at 110 and then onto the hot side. So far though i have not overshot it more than medium (the first time) and not had much of a grey band at all.

If you can dial it in for 250 easily then i say go for it. They do come up in temp fast though in my experience to keep an eye on it.

Comment

I’d go 225. Nice n slow before the sear to about 115°. Depending on the actual size sometime I cook whole cuts to 105 or 120 or where ever I’m sure not to overcook it with the sear. Then I let the meat rest up.
          Last edited by HouseHomey; January 16, 2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Shoprite! Its been a long time since I was at one of those. grantgallagher

Sorry, Welcome to the Pit!

Remember, you can always put it back on if its not where you want. Don't over do it.
            Last edited by HawkerXP; January 16, 2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here