Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Prime Rib

At the last second, I decided to smoke my first prime rib ever for Christmas dinner. The amount of clearance in the top grate of my LSG presented some challenges, but overall it worked like a charm & everyone agreed that the prime rib turned out great! I smoked it to 135 degrees internal, let it rest for 1 hour and I found out why everyone loves prime rib at the holidays!

Here's a link to the video.

Last edited by kenrobin; January 8, 2020, 08:41 PM.

Great job. I;m thinkin' you will do this again...

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely!

Another great cook Kenyatta! Always look forward to your videos. I believe the family would have enjoyed the prime rib; I know I would have.

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Donw! The prime rib was a hit.... I'm keeping it on the playlist LOL

Great stuff! Roast looked perfect! And those LSGs are just so cool!

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks barelfly. I plan on cooking a lot more on my LSG this year now that I finally feel like I know what I'm doing LOL

Looks perfect!

Comment

I had a lot of fun watching the video and it was a great result. I'll admit that I though, that I missed seeing the kids coming in and stealing some of the meat in this video.

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL.... my daughter is not a willing on-camera participant. Her cameos will always be by "accident".

Cook On!

Comment

Within minutes of posting my video, I received a copyright claim for the music that I use. I thought I had an ironclad license for the song that I purchased through Audio Jungle but upon looking further into it, there appears to be some holes in Audio Jungles' license that leave video creators open to future claims. The easiest solution was to re-upload the video with songs from YouTube's audio library that are supposed to be OK to use (time will tell). Anyway, I've inserted the new url into my OP.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Comment

Gorgeous cook your roast looked spot on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here