Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Roast Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdy
    replied
    I worked in a butcher shop in the 1990s. We used to tie our chuck roasts to kind of hold them in shape. Sometimes they would bet kind of floppy (for lack of a better term) when you trimmed the fat out of them.

Leave a comment:

• pjlstrat
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you....Good to know

• pjlstrat
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you

• smokin fool
    replied
    I get the same thing from our local big box meat bunkers.
    I ask for a chuck roast and get told that what ever is in the bunker is chuck if it came from the front quarter of the animal.
    There is one older butcher that will go cut me a chuck if he has something to cut it out of otherwise its a mumbo jumbo of, I assume assorted chuck cuts.
    Last edited by smokin fool; January 6, 2020, 06:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jecucolo
    replied
    I haven’t had one come in pieces like that before. I do have to tie the chuck roast up before I smoke it though.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    [QUOTE=HouseHomey;n787820]Those are the different muscle groups one of which is the eye.

One of the meat cutters manhandled that piece or it was put together from different pieces so they can sell it which is a normal business practice.

because it was a roast the "tie" is at their discretion and more of a service.

likely it was a legitimate piece of meat that was trimmed of a lot of fat and put together to sell as a roast.

others don’t fall apart until cooked. I’m happy it was good. No harm no foul.

Leave a comment:

• pjlstrat
    started a topic Chuck Roast Question

Chuck Roast Question

I recently did a Chuck Roast SVQ, Post Below, that came out great. The roast came from Whole Foods. However I thought Chuck roast was one chunk of meat.....This thing came all tied up, like one piece, but when I cut the butchers twine off, after the cook, it fell apart into multiple pieces. Like a Franken roast, made up of a bunch of pieces put together. I assume this is not right, but thought I would ask.....

​​​​​​https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-for-christmas

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here