Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Sen me out with a reminder that I am not in control of the fire gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Sen me out with a reminder that I am not in control of the fire gods

Got a good coal bed going in the stick burner. Nice even temp. Clean smoke. Etc. And 4 hrs in I decided to watch TV, then I got tired, then I had a stroke of genius. I switched to the pellet smoker and took a 7 hour nap. 5 hrs in the smoker ran out of sawdust. Got it cranked up and went back in. Then the electric company came by to replace the meter. Power out for less than 1 min and it reset the control box to the 350 default. An hour later I caught it, I would show the temp graph but I would get comments of E. coli and charred meat. So I left it - back at 250 - and went to grocery. Got some lamb shoulder and loin - fired up the PK, mixed some dough and had an old school South African Braai. The bread is called roosterkoek.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Agulhas; January 3, 2020, 01:12 AM.

That's one heck of a bad day right there! At least you ate well anyway.

Comment

Braai and Roosterkoek showing some SA love your part of the woods.
      Good job all round Sir.

Comment

• Agulhas
        Agulhas commented
        Editing a comment
        Where in PE are you. I grew up in Walmer. Moved to the US when I was 17. Haven't been back in awhile. My Roosterkoek probably left a bit to be desired. Dad was the treasurer of PEDSAC (Fishing Club - was in the harbour back then - I think it still is.) Used to spend many a day in the Marlin's Head drinking (not beer) and Braaing fresh Elf, Yellowfin, Leervis, and Kabeljou. Good times.

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Stay in Sherwood. Originally from JHB been in PE since 1988. Fishing is no longer what it was way back, says he who hasn't wet a line for many yonks.You aren't missing out on much in SA, but must add PE is still a great place. How long you been in the States?

• Agulhas
        Agulhas commented
        Editing a comment
        1985. Been a long time.

You showed the fire Gods a thing or two. That look's awesome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here