Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe for whole brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe for whole brisket

I am cooking a whole packer for the first time. Could someone provide a good recipe for me to follow? It is untrimmed 16 #'er and I am cooking it on a Vision Classic B grill with a Fireboard controller with fan.

Wow sounds like fun. Look at the free side https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...et-texas-style or some like just salt and pepper. First thing is to dry brine, after trimming, at least 24 hours for something that big. Again look on the free side lots of info there. Welcome to the Pit! You can get to the free side at the top left of this page.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from TN. Just made a brisket for Christmas. Make sure you make some of this to go with it - I make it every time I make brisket now:

In Texas the traditional barbecue sauce recipe is usually more like a tomato soup, thin and spicy, it penetrates the meat.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thank you, I will try that recipe. Where should I insert the temp probe to measure the internal temperature of the brisket?

Comment

• jerrybell
            jerrybell commented
            Editing a comment
            The tip of the probe should be in the thickest part of the brisket, centered side-to-side and top-to-bottom. Use the internal temperature to tell you when to start checking for probe tenderness, as the recipe instructs.

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Probe goes in the thickest part of the flat. Use the probe for reference only, it’s done when it probes tender.

Texas style,,,,50/50 S&P
          trim it up ,season and I cook mine on the PBC for about 10 hrs +/-
          wrap and rest,,,along with me !!!!

Comment

Here is a great guide to read https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...brisket-method

Comment

I use Jerod Broussard Brisket rub 2.0. He posted it on the pit somewhere. I get really good comments from people who eat my brisket.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here