Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Sear Rotisserie Beef Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Sear Rotisserie Beef Tenderloin

For New Years Eve, I'm planning to cook a beef tenderloin on our Weber Summit using the rotisserie attachment. My plan is to use a low heat until almost done and then turn on the infrared rotisserie burner and the other burners on high to finish it. I'm hoping to serve medium rare and was looking for suggestions about what temperature to switch to high heat and for how long. Any estimates for the entire cooking time would be helpful as well.

Tough to do on a rotisserie since you can't leave a thermometer probe it to monitor. I'd ballpark starting to sear at 115, take to 130 to allow for a bit of carryover to reach a finish temp of 135, but rotisserie is not a perfect way to target a specific temp.

Comment

I’m sure you’ve seen this link, however, I think it’s always helpful to review.
    There are some tricks to learning how to cook a perfect prime rib, tenderloin, round, rump, and other beef roasts and we have assembled them all in one place! Discover our secrets for ensuring it is cooked right from end to end and with a deeply flavored crust in this ultimate prime rib recipe.

Huskee I suspect you’ll need to take temps fairly regularly to make sure you don’t overshoot. I’m Huskee that is pull at 115 to start the sear so you don’t overshoot your target temp.

Comment

• GreenValleyGriller
      GreenValleyGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      I have indeed looked at the beef roast article you reference. I'll probably need to check temps every 5 minutes when I get close.

Why not just forget about the rotisserie and do it indirect?

Comment

• GreenValleyGriller
      Editing a comment
      I thought the rotisserie would help for even cooking on all sides. But you may be right that I'd be better off cooking on the grates with a remote thermometer and turning occasionally. Thanks for the suggestion.
      Last edited by GreenValleyGriller; December 28, 2019, 07:02 PM.

If you said you wanted to rotisserie cook a ribeye roast or a pork loin, I'd be all for doing that. A tenderloin, on the other hand, is relatively small, cooks much quicker than a ribeye or loin. I'm not sure it would benefit a lot from being cooked on a spit, although I'm sure it will work.

If you go with indirect + sear, I agree with the guys -- I'd indirect roast to 115F and then sear, turning often, to a pull temp of 130F for medium rare or 125F for rare.

Comment

• GreenValleyGriller
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comments. I may go with your and pkadare's suggestion to do indirect and sear.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here