Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket An Easy Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket An Easy Way

I purchased a high choice (CAB) 10.7 pound brisket point, which when trimmed was 9 pounds. I used only salt for seasoning. Salted all sides, put it in an aluminum pan, covered the pan with foil and put it in the refrigerator for 12 hours. The next day, prior to putting it on the smoker, I sprayed cooking oil on all sides of the brisket but the fat cap, and put it in the water smoker fat side down. I cooked it at 250 degrees, exposing it to heavy white / blue smoke for 1 ½ hours. Then I removed it from the smoker, wrapped it tightly in aluminum foil insuring a steam seal, and put it in a foil baking pan. I put it in the oven and cooked it at 275 degrees for another 5 hours and 45 minutes, until it reached an internal temperature of 200. I then turned the oven off, opened the door, let the oven cool to 140 degrees, and put the brisket, still wrapped in the foil, back in the oven, now set at 140 degrees. The brisket rested in the oven for an hour. This was incredibly good brisket, the best I have ever had or made, other than a Snake River Farms Wagyu. Juicy and fall apart tender. One of my neighbors is from Brazil – the state of Sao Paulo. I travel there from time to time on business. In Brazil, they take barbecued meats very seriously. It is an insult in Brazil to put BBQ sauce on smoked meats, because that says to them that the smoked meat is not good enough without sauce. I took some of this brisket to my Brazilian neighbor, and he raved about it. A Wagyu prepared this way would be astounding.

Did it have a good bark doing that, or are you not concerned with bark? I bet it was quite tender and juicy.

Comment

Hey, have you had any brisket in Brazil that had been covered in salt, and cooked in foil with freshly squeezed lime????

Comment

I like bark on ribs, and crisp skin on chicken and turkey, but I don't care whether I have bark on brisket and pork butt.

When I worked for Tropicana, from 1984 - 1994, I was responsible for fruit and bulk juice procurement. Brazil produces half of the world's orange juice, and Cutrale, owned by Jose Luise Cutrale, and Citrosuco, owned by the Fisher family, are the largest Brazilian processors and exporters, and also the largest in the world. Both of these companies were suppliers to Tropicana, and I went to Brazil to visit their facilities and negotiate juice contracts. While in Brazil I stayed at Cutrale's Fazenda in Bebedouro, and Citrosuco's in Matao. Since they entertained customers frequently, both had chefs with a staff who barbecued beef, pork, and lamb that was superb. Cutrale's is the only grass fed beef I like. All the other I have tried is too dry and tough. I left Tropicana in 1994 and went to work for Cutrale. I was responsible for fruit procurement and juice sales for Cutrale's North American citrus processing subsidiary, Cutrale Citrus Juices USA, and also went to Brazil during the three years I was in that job. I will try to post a few pictures of my trips to Brazil.

Comment

Brazil has some BIG companies. JBS is the world's largest meat processor over Tyson, by a long shot.

Comment

• PenskeFile
          PenskeFile commented
          Editing a comment
          AB InBev - while technically HQ'd in Belgium is, I hear, mostly run from Brazil. They are the worlds largest beer brewer by a good margin. The AB in the name is "Anheuser-Busch"

I too finished mine off in the oven after my initial smoking with Smokenator which was a good 5 hours or so, by then all the smoke flavor you're going to get is done I assume. It was my first time ever making a brisket and I was blown away, super happy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here