Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max time for dry brining.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max time for dry brining.

Good morning everyone, I am looking for advice on how long I can dry brine for. I put salt on prime rib last night. Found out today several familily members are sick and rescheduled for this weekend. Can I leave the salt on the prime rib for 5 days until the weekend without ruining the meat ?

Yep! You will be just fine. Just keep it cold and you will be good to go.

Comment

• SmokinSoldiers
      SmokinSoldiers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Yes, you’re all good.

Comment

I'd opt for 6 days but I guess that will work. Kidding....I just found out I was cooking a brisket for someone for Christmas day, well I forgot since I got asked at Thanksgiving. Thank goodness for a Choice 18+ pounder in the bin looking right at me.

Comment

As long as you applied no more than the recommended 1/2 tsp of Kosher salt (1/4 /tsp table salt) per pound you'll be fine. If you applied more than that, you might want to brush as much as possible off the meat after the first couple of days to avoid it becoming too salty.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here