Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huli Huli Beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huli Huli Beef?

My mother used to marinate flank or skirt steak in teriyaki and my Dad would grill it. I am thinking of doing the same thing with Huli Huli sauce. Any thoughts or experiences?

Sounds good, but isn't Huli Huli sauce about the same as teriyaki sauce? Huli Huli means turn turn in Hawaiian.

Comment

• LDimick
      LDimick commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it was close enough to try But I am still not very confident of my abilities to make changes without breaking things

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly right, and thus should work quite well.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      kinda like lau lau means "leaf leaf"

I’d say go for it! Or Check out recipes for beef bulgolgi, it will be similar to what you are looking for in beef.

Its one one of my favorite dishes to make! Or bibimbap, a rice bowl with bulgolgi. Both are excellent!

Comment

• parkerj2
      parkerj2 commented
      Editing a comment
      bibimpap is one of my all time favorite dishes. i could eat it every day

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack how does the grated pear work out? I’ve always used a sauce (apple or pear) for that flavor profile. But I feel this apple or pear sauce hinders getting a nice char.

I’ll have to give that a try next time. Maybe tomorrow night when I get back home! I have some great beef in the freezer that I can use.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      LDimick definitely try out bibimbap as well! It’s pretty easy to chef up!

Then take the next step to making your own Kim Chi!

@barelfly it works very well. If I'm not mistaken Asian pear is traditional and it both adds flavor and tenderizes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here