Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime rib costs HOW much?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notavegan
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, it’s Choice.

• Notavegan
    replied
    I got this yesterday. The cap will be harvested and set aside for cap steaks Christmas Day. The loin will either be one big mofo of a roast on Christmas Eve or or steaks to bring to a party.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    Well, I did it. $53 later ($9.99/lb), I now have a 3-bone USDA choice ribeye roast freezing in the freezer. (Aiming to cook it around Jan 5-7.)

I think that is a good balance between my experience (read: I could totally mess this up) and what I wanted to spend. I plan on dry brining, plus Meathead's Cow Crust.

I plan on cutting the bones off, as per MeatHead's video. (Also, every other video I have seen, the first thing they do is cut the bones off after cooking! I'll take even cooking over presentation!)

Leave a comment:

• crazytown3
    commented on 's reply
    Same here, but I go to my local store, not yours. :-)

• Red Man
    replied
    Just picked up a choice Double R ranch rib roast at my grocery store. On sale for $7.99/lb. I really like Double R ranch beef. I got a really nice one from the end with the thicker spinalis!

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    USDA Prime on sale at HEB 12.99 a lb. Angus 9.99.

begins today

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    I feel better now about the cost at HEB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 11.05.44 AM.png
Views:	162
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	780392

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, they have different pricing in different zones. For the Belton store they have the 3 grades offered at 7.99, 11.99, and 14.99, all bone in. Prime packer brisket for 3.59

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    And yall are right! Here is this week's ad:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 4.09.10 PM.png
Views:	239
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	780089

Leave a comment:

• Ground Chuck
    replied
    I paid $92 for an 8.59 pounder for our Friendsgiving at Costco. Was able to feed 9 adults and 2 kids with a little leftover. Good luck, and Merry Christmas! You're family is certainly in for a treat!

Leave a comment:

• Nuke em
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	779919 Also in that flyer is a coupon for Pepsi (which I prefer)
    now I got it planned out. Is says for the meat with an additional 10 dollar purchase. So I get a 4 pack of Pepsi for 10.88
    then on the Pepsi coupon it says with a purchase of $25 purchase (so the meat purchase is more than 25 so I win)
    all said and done, I’ll get 8 whole racks of prime, and 32 cases of Pepsi (buuurp).
    now if I sell the Pepsi for a Buck or 2, then I could get min $384 for the pepsi which would pay fer the primes

win win all around
    mama didn’t raise no fool.

Leave a comment:

• Nuke em
    commented on 's reply
    Where there is a will there is a way.
    What ya do is get 2 of em, then they allow you to use your card twice (tell em you have 2 orders) and they allow it
    Then ya come back the next day and get 2 more. All said and done, ya have 8 of em.
    And just photo copy the coupon.
    I have a lil insight to these things
    It’s good ta be kind to the register people and get ya know em

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Note the add says limit 1 package per club card.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't see this before I posted. Great minds think alike!

• ifican
    replied
    With a trained, ok not officially just alot of meat and experimenting over the years. I find more often than not at costco prime quality wrapped as choice. This happens mostly with the primal cuts but you can find other cuts as well. If you pay real close attention to the marbling you will start to notice it more and more. There will also be cuts wrapped in the blue trays that looks more choice than prime. Need to keep an eye out on my local ads cause those prices above are beaut.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here