Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime rib costs HOW much?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewesq55
    replied
    So this just came in the mail from our local ShopRite supermarket:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191216_121944.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	779620

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Dewesq55 removing the bone reduces cook time and promotes more even heat distribution. I remove the bones and cook them on the side.

• Red Man
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, $5.99/# for CAB rib roast is a fantastic price!

• Nuke em
    replied
    Was waiting for these to go on sale for my cousin. When they go on sale, I pick up a few racks. I tell the meat person I want a 7 racker and tell em to trim em. They will also cut out the bone if wanted and tie em on or tie the hunk o meat if wanted. I’m one of the lucky ones.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RickyBobby
    replied
    Every Christmas I buy the biggest Prime Rib I can find at Costco. Bought one today that was just shy of 18 pounds. I will cut off a roast for Christmas and then cut the rest into steaks and freeze. The initial cost can be a bit shocking, but I feel better about it every time I pull one of those Prime steaks out of the freezer throughout the next several months.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    I just picked up 5-6 pounds of standing rib roast aka prime rib at Fresh Market on sale for 7.99 a pound. It was a 3 bone one, with the ribs cut off and tied back on. It was only choice, but looked really good, so I took a $45 gamble on it. Also got a 10 pound prime NY strip that I may roast in the same fashion, or cut into steaks.

Question - it’s the 14th. The prime rib is wrapped in butcher paper. Should I vacuum seal, freeze, and thaw out again if I plan to cook on the 24th or 25th? The butcher recommended using within 3 days... unlike the strip loin, this is not in cryovac...

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Rain check that!

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    If packaged like this; https://www.samsclub.com/p/usda-choi...p_product_1_32 , they'd be close cousins...……..

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Wigs... damn it! Wig.. crud!! WIBS ... I did it!

• Kevin Fuess
    replied
    So...……………. is a tomahawk a prime rib?

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    I do one of those about twice a year, usually 4 or 5 pounds. Usually do something akin to what Meathead describes on the free side. The jus is a must. Worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• lemayp
    replied
    I paid 6.99 per pound for Angus rib roast today. That was about half the non sale price.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Pwime Wib

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Today Aldi's was advertising choice "bone in rib roasts" for $6.99/lb. They didn't have any in the case.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Welcome to what Cdn beef prices have been for years....
    If I buy beef, I'm at the local grocery store Sat AM.
    Meat manager marks down beef and pork roasts that have been sitting all week.
    Its still inside the best before date but discounted up to 60%.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here