Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Try Serious Eats Perfect Prime Rib Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Try Serious Eats Perfect Prime Rib Recipe?

Hey guys,

I have done Several Rib Roasts with Meathead's instruction and have had great success with them but am wondering if any one has ever tried Kenji's recipe?

It is basically the same concept as Meathead's but with a rest before the sear.

I know there is always big debate over the rest but the ability to have the meat waiting until the exact time dinner is ready is an appealing strategy.

I as I am sure many of us have, have had a good meal ruined by lack of timing from other individuals.

I have used this recipe several times, and not just for prime rib. In fact, it is on the agenda for our New Years Eve dinner again. The roast is absolutely delicious, and almost evenly cooked from outer edge to the center. Into a 200 degree oven, although ours could do 170. I go to 130 IT, then out and resting - I’ve done up to an hour or so. Then into the oven at 500 for 10 minutes to crisp and finish. Outstanding!
    Last edited by GolfGeezer; December 12, 2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I have a camp chef pellet grill and was thinking about doing it there as it has settings from 175-500. Would still be able to get that nice and smokey flavor there. Then could crank it up to max heat at the end or go to indoor oven.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here