Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Brisket

First snow on the ground, and my first Brisket!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	First Brisket.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	778014
    Not much bark, but cuts like butter! Used the Big Bad Beef Rub...I like it, a bit too peppery for my Lady Wife!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Done.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	778015

Congrats on a successful first brisket! How about some details about the cook? Cooker temp? When did you wrap? What was the temp when you pulled it off? Cambro hold? How long?
    Last edited by Dewesq55; December 11, 2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Is that an electric masterbuilt? If so when smoke tube burns up do it again. And a third time if necessary It will help with bark. Looks good to me. I'd eat it.

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

If the bark is too soft when you pull it, just stick it under the broiler for a few minutes, but watch closely.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104344.gif Views:	2 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	778044

congratulations !!!!

Comment

Nice first one! Looks good from here. I’m sure you’ll do many more. I always enjoy eating my practice rounds🤣😋.

Comment

Congrats on the first cook and I hope it leads to many more briskets being cooked

ps tell more, I want to live vicariously through your cooking!

Comment

Super fun! Keep cooking and sharing with friends (and us)!

Comment

Nice job!

As someone else said more smoke will get the bark where you want it. Missus and I both found it to be too much pepper when I first tried it. I used freshly ground pepper though. I’ve since found the pre-ground coarse black pepper and two TB of paprika for color gets it right where I want it.

The pre ground stuff has lost some of the volatiles and is much tamer, besides being a boatload less work!

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
                    Michael_in_TX commented
                    Editing a comment
                    By coincidence, I read last night in Aaron Franklin's smoking book that he doesn't use immediately fresh ground for this very reason. The pepper he uses is days to even a week or so after being ground.

• TNPIGBBQ
                    TNPIGBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @michael_in_TX

Well if you’ve never tried it.... don’t. It’s borderline inedible and I can handle spicy food. I was honestly shocked that people liked BBBR, one of those "am I going crazy or am I just missing something?" kinda moments. Haha

Nice Cook!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

There is nothing like your first brisket...especially when the results are good. Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here