Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kobe brisket $3.58 lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kobe brisket $3.58 lb

My wholesale butcher called me and said he had a 7.5 kilo Kobe brisket for $550 pesos a kilo ($3.58lb) I bought it over the phone and told him to vacuum wrap it and start aging it. I have a bbq class on the 23 so may cook it there or over christmas new year for family and friends.
    Attached Files

Hmm......seems fishy. Is it like the Nolan Ryan Kobe beef, or are they pushing it as true Japanese Kobe?

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Argentine Kobe Probably a Kobe Angus cross. Much better than the emaciated small briskets I usually get here.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      as long as they are not being misleading, I would give it a shot. The yellow in the fat makes me think grass-fed. That and the lower amount of marbeling on the point. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different. Be sure to trim her up good as grass fed Ted's to have larger deposits that don't render as well, but you already knew that, I'm sure, lol.

I don’t know Tweeter, if he’d send it to a Texas where the Big Boys do their smokin’, we could be the judge !!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here