Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes it’s good for me when my wife loses her mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime rib for Christmas is awesome! Just saying.

Here's last Christmas. Not smoked, but still. . .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_192656.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	774421

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, that’s my cutting board again. That should be my hunk of love too!!!

So we decided on a prime rib roast. Now I’m wondering if I should buy one this week and freeze it to take advantage of a good sale, or just wait and buy a fresh one next weekend?

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Do it now. Dry brine before freezing

• VideoWolf88
      VideoWolf88 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long would a 6-8 lb roast take to thaw?

Don't wait, get the deal. then get a fresh one, LOL love prime, and prime left overs. Hey you need a practice cook, one this week and again next week. Just sayin.......................

Comment

Got a nice 7.3 lb roast at Publix today, took advantage of their $6.99 per pound sale. Gonna dry brine it tomorrow night, freeze it Monday morning, and start thawing it next Monday morning.

Comment

So here’s the dry brined roast before going on the pit, and afterwards. Turns out the roast was still partially frozen after two days of thawing. Took 3 1/2 hours to get to 125 medium rare, but it came out almost fork tender and so juicy good. The missus was quite happy with the results. The twice baked potatoes and the peas were her contribution to a kickass Christmas Eve feast.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful way to spend Christmas Eve.

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooh, if you left that plate out for Santa, I wonder what goodies he put under YOUR tree by way of thanks? All those cookies has gotta get old.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here