Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak Danny Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak Danny Boy

Similar to Steak Diane. Visited the family over the weekend and came back with a big ol sirloin since my brother was still offshore and couldn't attend the barbecue. I brought dad my 26 inch Weber kettle with Slow 'n Sear, so by default I grilled the other steaks.

Ingredients: 2 teaspoons Cooking Oil; 2 teaspoons minced garlic; Butter Approx. 2 Tablespoons; 1 Tablespoon Mustard; 2 teaspoons Worcestershire; 1 teaspoon Ketchup; 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper; 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream; Enough mushrooms and Black Pepper

I cleaned up the steak which was marinated in Italian Dressing. Browned the pieces, added the butter and black pepper after I flipped once. Cooked just enough to get a little brown, removed and chilled. Browned minced garlic. Sieved garlic to remove excess oil.

Cooked mushrooms, added all ingredients including pre-cooked garlic. Added a little water to get the sauce up the sides of the steaks a little. Simmered on low and removed steak pieces as they hit 130-135-F. Reduced sauce after all steaks removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191119_164308.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	770871Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191119_164749.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	770872Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191119_164951.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	770873Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191119_174008.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	770874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191119_180208.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	770875

You might just have a winner here with this one Jerod.
    Nicely done

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Something different.

Looks great. I’m suddenly wanted rice. Is there ever really enough mushrooms?

Comment

As Hoamey alluded to, enough mushrooms? Looks & sounds marvelous!

Comment

gimmesummadat

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Leftovers reheated in the microwave were perfect.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod Broussard My wife does a similar thing with pork chops, although I believe sans the ketchup & worcest. I can drink that sauce and I don't doubt this would be killer.

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          illtakesumtwo

Oh my. Meat and heavy cream. Im so far in there aint any backing out.

beautiful color on the gravy

Comment

The more I look at this the more I want some. And I have looked at it several times.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here