Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out with the Old and In with the New. First New Smoker meal - Short Ribs !!! on Oklahoma Joe Bronco.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlaslo
    commented on 's reply
    There was about 1/4 of the briquettes left but I started with maybe 80% full. SO 7.5 hours.....about right.

Outside temp was in th low 80s and fuel - see post above

• dlaslo
    commented on 's reply
    Kingford charcoal and hickory lumps

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    PaulstheRibList I posted a picture when I just had a line of 5 cookers, now that the 6th one is there, I'll have to snap another pic. I'll be out in the yard winterizing hoses and sprinklers and what not before it hits 25 tonight (and 20 tomorrow), so will try and remember.

Right now I have several of the cookers turned end to the house, back to back, and just have to roll them out in front and turn lengthwise to use...

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    Weird... nobody was talking about a PBC yet you turned it into a post about your continually overstated opinion about the PBC. It is kind of like a passive aggressive way to keep poking people in the pit.

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Thanks for the write up. I feel strongly that the Bronco is a better smoker than the PBC. The vent system alone is better, as well as the bars that hold the meat which don't extend outside the barrel. It also handles grilling better.

Leave a comment:

• randy56
    commented on 's reply
    +2

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    + 1 more

• Troutman
    replied
    Great story but lacking pictures. Show us your wears !!!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    Great information. It looks like quite a few people on the site are buying the cooker. What was the outside temp during the cook, what fuel did you use and how much was left at the end? Only asking because you do a great job describing your experience and I am guessing the other Oklahoma Joe owners are reading the post are taking notes.

Leave a comment:

• Bobmcgahan
    replied
    What kind of charcoal/fuel did you use?

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Congrats. Short ribs are my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    + 1

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    So much cooker action! Picture??

• texastweeter
    replied
    That epiphany moment when someone tries beef ribs, lol. Gets me every time. Congrats on the cook. Go get you a Maverick XR, and you will be set.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    dlaslo Great news on the Bronco, and glad your first cook with it came out so well!

I can certainly sympathize with the too many cookers issue. Right now I’m storing grills for each of my 3 kids and their spouses (2 are in apartments that don’t allow grills, the other gets married in May), plus 3 more cookers for myself. It’s a big jumble of grills to navigate at the end of the house right now! Thankfully they all have wheels as I am having to shuffle them around a lot.

I’ve got a Thermoworks Smoke, and really like it, but if you decide to get something that isn’t Bluetooth I recommend the Maverick XR-50, as it has better range than the Smoke. I found that more than 2 walls between me and the smoker blocks the signal from the Smoke.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here