Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Steak

My oldest granddaughter and I have a birthday this month. She told me she wants me to grill us a steak. So I decided for the first time that I'm going to treat us to a cowboy steak. I called my local butcher and he told that he has prime cowboy steaks for $17.99 lb. and the average 1.5 lbs each. Is this price reasonable? Oh yeah DW informed me that she wants one too and her birthday isn't till July.

That does sound good.

Comment

For prime, that sound within a reasonable range.

Comment

Hmmm... I've cooked many, many Cowboy steaks. If I were you, I would be concerned about the thickness of that steak your butcher offered you. My estimation is that steak is going to be 1 1/4" thick. You wouldn't be able to reverse sear that thin of a steak. I order my Cowboy steaks 2" thick and they are real close to 40oz each. A Prime grade 2" Cowboy steak, reverse seared, is to die for. For Prime grade Ribeye's it's a reasonable price. One other tip on a Cowboy steak cook... Wrap the bone with aluminum foil during the cook. That way it won't blacken during the reverse sear. Like the one in this picture did.
        Last edited by Breadhead; April 3, 2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Prime cowboy steak?! That's very reasonable. I pay $15.99/ lb for NOT prime.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here