Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just...I just don't like ribeyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pick a strip as well. Although, I like ribeyes and it is hard to turn down ANY steak...

Comment

My favorite color is meat.

Comment

I enjoy all steak cuts except T-Bone. If you wan't some filet with your strip, go for Porterhouse.

As much as I love ribeye, especially the cap, I'm finding that at 62 years old my tolerance for the fat is waning. In my youth, I could do a 32 oz. steak. Now, if I eat more than about 4 oz. of ribeye I get what I'll refer to as "intestinal disturbance".

Comment

I love beef. I went a few years without eating a filet because I told myself they were overrated and I preferred strip or ribeye...I had a filet at a Brazilian steakhouse a couple weeks ago...man that was delicious...once this wind goes away I'm going to go get me some filets!

Comment

Just knock the moo off it, I'm happy

Comment

I love me some beef....with that said the Ribeye ranks pretty high for me but lately I'm really liking the versatility and flavor of the flat iron steak!!

Comment

(Didn't mean to ghost my own thread....got caught up at the conference in Vegas!)

This is awesome....somehow I got it in my head that ribeye was the pinnacle of "sizable" (that is, not itty bitty filets) beef. Good to know that I'm not too crazy for preferring strips.

Mmmm porterhouses.....almost had forgotten about those (I really need to hang out at a local butcher shop for a bit and not just HEB).....strip on one side, filet on the other. Yum!

It was just weird in some sense....Ruth's Chris has always been hyped up to me as being this awesome steakhouse. The cuts of steak were extremely expensive....I think my $62 NY strip was the cheapest one (again, Vegas prices). I mean it was good, but....decidedly not on the great side.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here