Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib roast (cooked per Meatheads instructions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib roast (cooked per Meatheads instructions)

Click image for larger version

Name:	937E06FC-A858-4998-9495-35E9B09B6131.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	757512Click image for larger version

Name:	B4864DFA-8372-4498-97F8-12FF0F60BCF5.jpeg
Views:	486
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	757511 My wife had her women’s group meeting at our place tonight. She asked me to cook beef for them, and requested a "prime rib" type roast.
    I was only able to find a select whole ribeye at the local grocery, so I picked the best looking one.
    I trimmed the lip and heavy fat from exterior, Cut the center section to about an 8” long section. Tied to make it round as possible. Dry brined with kosher salt. The rest is cut into 1-1/4” steaks and individually vac sealed and frozen.
    I made O’leary’s Cow Crust beef rub. And coated the roast with it. I cooked in my garage oven set at 240 deg.
    it took about 2-1/2 hours to hit 125 deg in the center. I pulled from oven and cut the strings off to sear over a very hot bed of charcoal.
    It was absolutely delicious! I wish to thank Meathead for sharing his recipes, methods and wisdom with all of us!

Looks great! I’ve made Meatheads prime rib too and it’s turned out fantastic.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! This was the second time for this for me. Something that I would have never tried without the instructions and inspiration from here. This group has also had tri-tip that I cooked and loved it too. They asked my wife to host every month instead of rotating homes.

Great job!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Looks good!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Those burnt ends look good too!

Looks delicious and perfectly cooked!! Just one comment, you have a garage oven??

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Troutman! I actually have a kitchen in my garage, I built it for a place to work on meat projects. Processing deer, curing bacon, pastrami.
      Frying fish, grinding burger and sausage. In other words-second kitchen to keep my wife’s kitchen clean and and me out of the doghouse. Full sized commercial slicer and 15” vacuum sealer
      on the counter at all times.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks friggin' awesome !! A culinary man cave !!!!

I will be right over for dinner!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      There is 1 slice left.

OMG. It's Christmas!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your help in upping the food at my house so much! Thank you again!

I'd eat that!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your support! I think the 1 slice left will get sliced about 1/4" thick and seared on the outdoor griddle for ribeye sandwiches for supper tonight. Some swiss cheese, sliced onion and mayo on a toasted bun.

Did one of those per Meathead’s recipe for my daughter last Christmas. It, too, was delish. This is a winner recipe and you nailed it! Beautiful.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - totally a winner recipe! Thanks!

Dude you nailed that one, can I join your wife's group???? I don't look bad in a skirt....

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be a long drive. Her next turn is February, probably Tri-Tip for that one. Come on down.

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably gonna need some pics to believe this smokin fool 😄😄

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly I don't take a very good picture.
      You'll have to take my word on this one@Backroadmeats

That looks marvelous!

Comment

Beautiful. One of my favorite cooks to do.

Comment

Man that looks good

Comment

Looking good! Made the same recipe for my staff Xmas party last year. It was amazing - and Mrs O’Leary’s Cow Crust is perfect. My wife and I immediately decided it would become a staple at both Thanksgiving and Xmas!

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            My thoughts exactly except everyone here still wants turkey....ratz

• Santamarina
            Santamarina commented
            Editing a comment
            smokin fool We’re still doing turkey as most people want it. Rib roast will be in place of the ham (unless my in-laws still want to bring one)!

Looks amazing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here